Type of site
|Open educational resources|
|Available in||English , Spanish|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Registration||Contents publicly accessible. Registration required only for contributing instructors.|
|Creative Commons with some exceptions|
|Written in||Mindtouch platform|
LibreTexts (formerly called STEMHyperlibrary  and ChemWiki  ) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit  online educational resource project. The project provides open access to its content on its website, and the site is built on the Mindtouch platform.  LibreTexts was started in 2008 by Professor Delmar Larsen at the University of California Davis and has since expanded to 400 texts in 154 courses (as of 2018), making it one of the largest and most visited online educational resources.  LibreTexts currently has 13 library disciplines.     
Support [ edit ]
LibreTexts' current primary support is from the 2018 Open Textbook Pilot Program award from the Department of Education Organization Act .     FIPSE  Other funding comes from the University of California Davis , the University of California Davis Library ,  and the California State University System both through MERLOT and its Affordable Learning Solutions (AL$) program. 
References [ edit ]
- ^ "NSF Award Search: Award#1525057 - Collaborative Research: Developing and Assessing Effective Cyberlearning within the STEMWiki Hyperlibrary" . www.nsf.gov . Retrieved 2020-01-20 .
- ^ Rusay, Ronald J.; Mccombs, Michelle R.; Barkovich, Matthew J.; Larsen, Delmar S. (2011-06-01). "Enhancing Undergraduate Chemistry Education with the Online Dynamic ChemWiki Resource". Journal of Chemical Education . 88 (6): 840. Bibcode : 2011JChEd..88..840R . doi : 10.1021/ed101119d . ISSN 0021-9584 .
- ^ "Internal Revenue Service" . apps.irs.gov .
- ^ a b Allen, Gregory; Guzman-Alvarez, Alberto; Smith, Amy; Gamage, Alan; Molinaro, Marco; Larsen, Delmar S. (2015-10-06). "Evaluating the effectiveness of the open-access ChemWiki resource as a replacement for traditional general chemistry textbooks". Chemistry Education Research and Practice . 16 (4): 939–948. doi : 10.1039/C5RP00084J . ISSN 1756-1108 .
- ^ a b c "Department of Education awards pilot OER grant to UC Davis open textbook project | Inside Higher Ed" . www.insidehighered.com . Retrieved 2020-01-20 .
- ^ "LibreTexts - Free The Textbook" . libretexts.org . Retrieved 2019-03-26 .
- ^ a b "U.S. Department of Education Awards $4.9 Million Grant to University of California, Davis to Develop Free, Open Textbooks Program | U.S. Department of Education" . www.ed.gov . Retrieved 2020-01-20 .
- ^ Halpern, Joshua B.; Larsen, Delmar S. (2017). "Driving Broad Adaptation of Open On Line Educational Resources". MRS Advances . 2 (31–32): 1707–1712. doi : 10.1557/adv.2017.256 . ISSN 2059-8521 .
- ^ "Student Savings at Scale: LibreTexts" . SPARC . Retrieved 2020-01-20 .
- ^ "Awards - Open Textbooks Pilot Program" . www2.ed.gov . 2019-02-28 . Retrieved 2019-03-26 .
- ^ "LibreTexts wins inaugural Open Textbook Pilot grant | U.S. PIRG" . uspirg.org . Retrieved 2020-01-20 .
- ^ "Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE) Home Page" . www2.ed.gov . 2018-08-27 . Retrieved 2019-03-26 .
- ^ "Welcome to Affordable Learning Solutions (AL$) | Affordable Learning Solutions" . als.csuprojects.org . Retrieved 2019-03-26 .